Header Ads

The Best Characters Of Injustice

Injustice: Gods Among Us offers fighting fans a wide variety
of heroes and villains to choose from, but some of DC's famous characters are
just better equipped for a butt-kicking than others.

Injustice: Gods Among Us offers fighting fans a wide variety
of heroes and villains to choose from, but some of DC's famous characters are
just better equipped for a butt-kicking than others. To find out which superpowered
contestants players should select, I asked GI's Andrew Reiner and Mike
Futter to share with me who they think are the best fighters of Injustice, so
that I can employ my own super-helpful
brandof professional
analysisto their choices. As a bonus, I extend a little of my analysis to
Reiner and Mike, highlighting why I think they really made the choices they
did. Turns out my help was desperately needed.

Mike's Dumb Picks:

Green Arrow
Why Mike Likes Him: Mike says Green Arrow's strength lies in – surprise –
his arrows. The masked archer can shoot three different types of projectiles:
ice arrows that freeze enemies in their place, electric arrows that stun and
damage enemies, and fire arrows that deal massive damage. Green Arrow also has a
"keep away" ability, which allows him to jump backwards and shoot an arrow at
the ground to keep enemies at bay. Mike can characterize that as an ability all
he wants, but I'm guessing it's just his excuse for being a bad shot.
Why Mike Really Likes
Him:
I think Mike just really likes Robinhood, since that's clearly what DC
was going for when it designed Green Arrow. Well, that or some kind of rejected
fifth Ninja Turtle. Either way, I'm guessing Mike dressed as either the Green
Arrow or Robinhood for Halloween sometime in his past. Fess up, Mike!
Official Rating: Like
Robinhood, only he doesn't help poor people

Lex Luthor
Why Mike Likes Him: At
first I thought Mike was crazy for picking Superman's bald-headed nemesis –
until I learned he's wearing some kind of cheap supersuit. Mike says Luthor's
Warsuit slows the villain down considerably, but it packs a mean punch and
provides the player with decent ranged attacks. Luthor also has a powerful
super move that lets him call down a laser attack from an orbiting satellite,
which he then turns into a ball of energy and blasts his opponent with – creating an explosion visible from space. How is that even fair?
Why Mike Really Likes
Him:
Well, aside from the fact that Luthor sounds ridiculously overpowered,
I'm guessing Mike likes him because he secretly dreams of taking over the world.
In fact, I have it on good authority that he's building his own supersuit in
his garage.
Official Rating: Cheap
but effective

DeathStroke
Why Mike Likes Him: Deathstroke's
arsenal of weapons provides players with a healthy assortment of both short-
and long-range attacks, and his speed makes him a force to be reckoned with.
DeathStroke's super move riddles his opponent with bullets and sword slashes,
while his character ability makes his bullets temporarily unblockable, forcing
opponents to move in close to disrupt the gunfire.
Why Mike Really Likes
Him:
Arrows, lasers, bullets – I'm starting to notice a pattern here. It
sounds like Mike prefers ranged projectile attacks that keep his opponents at a
distance. It seems to me like our new news editor may have commitment issues, keeping
the people he cares about the most at arm's length. Is this why Mike works
remotely from New Jersey? We may never know...
Official Rating: Very
helpful from a psychoanalysis standpoint

The Flash
Why Mike Likes Him: The
Flash's move set is built around his incredible speed, which allows him to
string together lightning-fast combos. While not a good long-range fighter, The
Flash has the ability to slow down time to dodge enemy attacks and perform
extra-powerful combos. The Flash can also build up a super punch by running
around the entire world before striking his opponent, which sounds like a huge
waste of energy if you ask me.
Why Mike Really Likes
Him:
At first I thought the close-range nature of The Flash's fighting
style contradicted my theory of Mike having commitment issues – until I
realized the connection. The Flash is really good at running – which I assume includes running away from things . Case closed.
Official Rating: What
are you running from, Barry?

Coming Up Next: I carefully analyze Reiner's picks while trying not to
get fired...

Powered by Blogger.