Header Ads

Jay Wilson, former Diablo 3 game director, is leaving Blizzard

“Sad to say after 10 of the best years of my life this will be my last week at Blizzard, and in the games industry,” Wilson wrote .

Jay Wilson, the former game director of Diablo 3, announced on Twittertoday that he is leaving Blizzard, and the videogame industry, at the end of this week.

. “I'm leaving to pursue my original passion, writing. It's what I was doing when I fell into this job, and I've always wanted to return to it.”

I will dearly miss my friends at Blizzard. They've been the best, most dedicated, most passionate group of people I've ever met. June 6, 2016

Wilson's time at Blizzard wasn't without controversy. He took heat for Diablo 3's real-money auction house, despite sounding in the pre-release days as though he viewed it primarily as a player-positive servicerather than a profit-making venture. But he acknowledged at GDC 2013, a year after Diablo 3 came out, that the auction house “ really hurt the game,” a comment he made just a few months after leaving the Diablo 3 teamto work on Project Titan, the canceled MMOthat eventually morphed into Overwatch. He also has an “Additional Design” crediton the World of Warcraft expansion Warlords of Draenor. Prior to joining Blizzard, Wilson worked as a designer at Relic on games including Company of Heroes and Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War.

The PC Gaming Show returns to E3 on Monday June 13, featuring game announcements, updates to existing favourites, and conversation with top developers. You can find out what to expect here , and also book free tickets to attend in person at pcgamingshow.com . The PC Gaming Show will be broadcast live through twitch.tv/pcgamer from 11:30 am PT/2:30 pm ET/6:30 pm GMT, but be sure to tune in beforehand to check out The Steam Speedrun , in which one lucky winner will buy as many games as they can in three minutes.

Powered by Blogger.