Header Ads

Dark Fury Review

Stay away from Dark Fury Pro, too!

Stay away from Dark Fury Pro, too! It’s terrible and it’s a even bigger waste of money (although they both cost the same: $5.99). There is no benefit, and still has ads! Although, if you truly want this app, go for the ‘Pro’ version because they cost the same.

When I got this app, I thought I struck something really good. Although I didn’t look at the screenshots, the name and the app icon made the game look really good. I had not idea what it was and I had pretty high expectations. Now I understand why people say you shouldn’t ‘judge a book by it’s cover’. The game is way different that what I thought it was going to be and it got worse.

The game not only had bad graphics on the iPad, even though it had Universal support, it seemed the developer only enlarged the iPhone’s resolution to make it “HD”. After checking and playing the game, I checked back too look a the screenshots they had. From what they posted, the app actually looked good and fun. When you get down into the game, you’ll regret your choice. Dark Fury is like one of those free-to-play Facebook games, something like Mafia Wars , which was long abandoned by most avid gamers. The menu of the game was terrible, all pixelated. The game was the same too, it wasn’t even close to HD. The graphics weren’t optimized so I don’t even know why they didn’t just keep it an iPhone app.

The game’s plot takes you into a journey where your the bad guy in an RPG, which is an interesting topic. However, the game was executed extremely poorly, the gameplay was the same as any other free Zynga games. You pretty much choose your squad, and bring them to quests. In the quests, you can fight them using your own strategy or just use their auto-fight feature which allows the game to move for you. Afterwards, if you win, you just go through the other quests until you lose.

There are rankings where they don’t matter because no one cares about these kind of games. There are tons of IAP to get more gold and items. Did I mention that the game is AdMob supported? As a player, I hate ads and in this game they added it in a non-obnoxious (but obvious) way, but considering this is a paid app, it shouldn’t even be there. This game seriously should have been a ‘freemium’ instead of a paid app.

The sound effects are weird during the combat and just sound plain cheap. The quality of the overall app is poor so I wouldn’t expect much in the music quality anyways. The app is just terrible. The only reason why I didn’t rate it a 1/5 is just simply because of the other apps worst than it. I highly discourage getting this app whether it’s free on not. Stay away from this app!


Reviewed Device: iPad 2

[review pros=”Cute creatures” cons=”Ads, boring, poor graphics” score=30]

Powered by Blogger.