Header Ads

Why is Dust2 so popular? Veteran CS:GO mapmakers answer

This year's catalog of GDC panels included some Counter-Strike: " Community Level Design for Competitive CS:GO " a series of words that are alarmingly up my alley .

. There was no way I wasn't missing a panel dedicated to competitive CS:GO, especially when retired Counter-Strike pro player Sal "Volcano" Garozzoand Shawn "FMPONE" Snelling(who we've featured previously on our site in the series " Building Crown") were doing the panelin'.

I'm still writing up my notes and recorded audio from the presentation, which I'll share soon in a separate story. After the panel, though, I pulled Garozzo and Snelling in front of a camera to get them talking about the state of CS:GO's esports scene and the immortality of de_dust2, likely the most-played map in the history of gaming.

Powered by Blogger.