Header Ads

Two-Faced Looks to Provide Honest and Sincere Puzzle Game Fun

If you’re looking for a new mobile game to play – and I’m guessing you are since you found your way onto a mobile game news site – Two-Faced may just be the cure-all for your boredom.

may just be the cure-all for your boredom. Developed by the couple that make up Adorkable Games – John Neskyand Ashley Zeldin– this brain teaser is a familiar match-three with some added mechanics to spice up the gameplay; rows of blocks “fall” from both the top and bottom of the screen, and the unique Two-Faced feature nets players bonus points for chaining larger, otherwise-incompatible groups of blocks together. Players can slide rows and columns of blocks with a simple swipe gesture, as onscreen prompts and musical cues direct the player’s attention to problem areas that require rapid solutions.

“I think something unusual about Two-Faced is how – as a mobile game – it can draw casual players into a frantic experience,” said Nesky, when asked about what sets Two-Faced apart. “Most frantic games are less accessible, but Two-Faced is simple enough to pick up and starts out easy. Even Tiny Wings and Jetpack Joyride aren’t as fast as late-game Two-Faced .”

The game includes three different gameplay modes; A classic Challenge mode, a Timed mode where players attempt to reach the highest score possible within a set time frame, and a more relaxed Endless mode. Other features include four levels of difficulty, and colorblind accessibility. (Something I can personally appreciate). “I’m really proud of the colorblind option ’cause accessibility is a priority for me,” Zeldin told me when I brought it up. “A lot of games are inaccessible for colorblind players, and it’s such a simple accommodation to implement. I tested the colorblind configuration with friends and tuned it ’til I felt confident that anyone could play.”

Two-Faced merges core and casual gameplay in an accessible way,” she stated, discussing her motivation for developing the game. “I got the inspiration for Two-Faced from other games in the match-3 and puzzle genres. I found myself thinking, ‘wouldn’t it be cool if…?’ as I was playing. That weekend we made the first prototype. And so I made ‘if’ happen.”

Recalling early reactions to the game after developing an initial prototype, Zeldin mentioned that, “I knew I was onto something when I took Two-Faced to San Diego Comic-Con in 2012 and had to literally pull my iPad out of the hands of people who playtested it.”

Two-Faced is now available in both the Google Playstore and the App Store, and can currently be purchased for $0.99 on either platform. There is also a browser-based demo version available to try here, but it does not utilize a touchscreen interface. For more information about Adorkable Games, check out the official website, and keep up to date with the team on Twitter.

Powered by Blogger.