Header Ads

StreamTeam Spotlight: Sarah Sharpie

Welcome to the first installment of StreamTeam Spotlight, a new series debuting on IGM intended to showcase just a fraction of the talented streamers and developers who are a part of our Indie GamePlay community.

Welcome to the first installment of StreamTeam Spotlight, a new series debuting on IGM intended to showcase just a fraction of the talented streamers and developers who are a part of our Indie GamePlay community. Every week, we’ll profile and interview a new member to give our audience the chance to get to know some of their favorite streamers off-camera/mic. Today’s spotlight falls of Sarah Sharpie, a streamer who plays a wide variety of games on a daily basis. Take a look:

Name/Online Alias : Sarah Sharpie
Region : USA
Current PC Rig :
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
MB: ASUS P8Z77-V LX
CPU: Intel Core i7-2700K @3.5GHz
Monitor: 23″ LG Flatron w2353v, Samsung SyncMaster 220WM 22″ LCD
GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 660
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB/7200RPM
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic
Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Speed Edition – Large
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Stealth Edition 2013
Favorite Game Genre : Platformers
Favorite Games : Armored Core and Monster Hunter
Other Hobbies : Watching people create art. I really love art because i can’t do it myself. Art in the general sense, not just drawings and stuff but music and dance as well.

Indie Game Magazine : When did you first start playing games?
Sarah Sharpie : Well it started with my Super Nintendo, mostly Donkey Kong Country and Mario . Then I got a PS1, N64, and PS2, and that was my childhood. My older sister and Dad loved games too; my Dad is amazing at Pac-Man .

IGM : What were some of your favorite games from those systems?
Sarah : Crash and Spyro are what I remember the most, and DK , so Platformers I guess.

IGM : When did you first start streaming?
Sarah : May 19th, 2013. My friend was going on vacation, so i decided to stream for him so his viewers had something to watch.

IGM : Why do you enjoy streaming?
Sarah : I just play games to make people happy to be honest. People say I’m good at games, but I don’t think I am. Apparently my title from everyone is “Princess of Platformers” now.  (Sarah’s first time playing Volgarr the Viking , she beat the game in 3 hours!)

IGM : What types of streams do you host (Let’s Plays, Previews/Reviews/First Looks, Giveaways, Developer Q&As, etc)?
Sarah : My streams are more centered around hanging out, music, and viewer interactions. I’m also planning on playing games with my viewers soon.

IGM : Do you prefer to play multiplayer games online? Or do you enjoy local co-op more?
Sarah : If I had to pick one, local co-op, but i do like both.

IGM : You play a really great music setlist while you stream. Is that your personal collection or a radio station of some sort?
Sarah : Personal collection, I have 5090 tracks on my HDD.

IGM : Do you have a favorite game soundtrack in particular?
Sarah : Probably the Armored Core Nexus soundtrack. My favorite remix soundtrack is The Answer – Armored Core Tribute Album.

IGM : What made you decide to join the Indie GamePlay StreamTeam?
Sarah : I love communities. I’m also part of another one that’s just a group of friends called NLG (nightlifegaming) with HJTenchi, Biwinningism, and others.

That’s it for this week’s StreamTeam Spotlight! If you’d like to watch some more of Sarah’s streams, you can check out her Content Hubon Indie GamePlay. To keep track of her stream schedule so you never miss a live stream, you can follow her on Twitter @SarahsSharpie.

Streamer Spotlight is a weekly segment created to showcase members of the Indie GamePlayStreamTeam. Participants are chosen at random, and interviewed upon accepting an invitation. If you’d like to be considered for the feature, please send an email to vparisi@indiegamemag.com with the subject line “Streamer Spotlight”. Spotlight participants are not required to disclose their full name, and all information is published only after participants approve a pre-screening of the completed Spotlight. If you’d like to join to StreamTeam community, you can register here. Tune in next week to see which streamer enters the spotlight. Until then, come play some games!

Powered by Blogger.