Header Ads

Kabam president Nick Earl resigns after 11 months

Kabam president Nick Earl has left the mobile studio after just 11 months at the helm.

Earl, EA's former SVP of mobile, said he had "mixed feelings" about leaving the company, but that the company's change in direction meant it wasn't "the right place" for him at this stage of his career.

Kabam CEO Kevin Chou inititally hired Earldue to his experience working on triple-A titles, however, with the developer now focused on creating and sustaining mobile games such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Star Wars: Uprising, it appears Earl feels his skill set is no longer needed.

"When I joined last year, I had the opportunity to help shape Kabam’s Fewer, Bigger, Bolder strategy, which included doubling down on Hollywood partnerships and creating triple-A mobile games. Almost a year later, it’s clearly 'job well done' and Kabam is now a very different company," explained Earl, via Kabam's blog.

"Given this new direction [...] I have decided that Kabam is not the right place for me at this point in my career. So, today is my last day with the company."

Powered by Blogger.