Header Ads

Monster Under Your Bed? Boogey Boy Has the Answer

If I had ever come across the Boogeyman like the main character of Goon Studios’ Boogey Boy , the first thing I would have done would not have been to start running and collecting items I needed to scare him off.

, the first thing I would have done would not have been to start running and collecting items I needed to scare him off. No sir. I would have curled up in the corner of my bed and just prayed for a swift death, because I was a total wuss who literally stuck his face into the wall to keep from seeing anything spooky at night. Indeed, an endless runner about my childhood would have been quite boring and short.

Since the main character in Boogey Boy is far braver than me, he takes right off once danger’s near. Running and jumping endlessly through several locations, players have to help him collect enough batteries to scare off the Boogeyman with his flashlight. They’re not his only backup, though, as the character’s sister can join the fray (why does she have a machine gun?), as can his dog. The help is necessary, though, as the Boogeyman seems to have brought several friends with him, giving players lots of different monsters to run away from. These shadow creatures will also be chasing the player across several different environments, dogging the player through his house, the streets, and even into some puffy, friendly clouds. Why are there flying toasters, now?

Boogey Boy is available for $1.99 from the iOS app store, with a sincere promise from the developers that there are no in-app purchases, nor will there be (they don’t seem to care for them, which we found out the last time we saw Boogey Boy a while ago). Players who like their horror with a mixture of cute art and constant fleeing will want to give the game a look.

Although, I’m still really not clear why there are flying toasters. Is it 1991 again?

Powered by Blogger.