Header Ads

1979 Revolution’ A Game Based On The Iranian Uprising

‘1979 Revolution’ A Game Based On The Iranian Uprising
A New York game/art studio, iNK Stories , began funding through Kickstarter for their game 1979 Revolution: Black Friday .

. The game is played through the perspective of someone during the Iranian revolution of 1979, and the team needs funding (A hefty $395,000) to complete the development of the game.

Navid Khonsari, founder of iNK Stories and former Rockstar Games cutscene director, was inspired for the game by his childhood experiences. “The Iranian Revolution of 1979 is a defining story for me.  When I was 10 years old my grandfather took me by the hand and brought me to the streets in Tehran so I could witness what was happening in our country.  In 1980 my family left Iran for good. Since then I grew up in Canada, later to move to my hometown of New York City.”

But what’s really shocking about his story is his home country’s response to this game: “Today, Iranian newspapers have wrongfully called me a spy for the US government because I am making this game.  This accusation means that I can no longer return to Iran to see family or expose my children to the rich and beautiful culture that has made me who I am.”

This game couldn’t come at a better time. The wave of revolutions in countries across the world gives inspiration to the team creating this game, and it will showcase a very important moment in world history through the interactivity only a video game can provide.

You can help fund 1979 Revolution on Kickstarter. Follow Navid Khonsari/iNK Studios on Twitterfor more news and updates on the game.

Powered by Blogger.