Header Ads

Something Old, Something New: A State of IGM Address

Greeting and Salutations, loyal Indie Armada!

Greeting and Salutations, loyal Indie Armada! It’s been a long time since we had to post a “State of IGM” address; in fact, the last time it happened was when I was being named the new Editor-in-Chief. So it seems fitting that this next address serves as yet another changing of the guard. I’m not going to bore anyone with long-lead intros, so let’s get straight into it.

I’ve been offered a full-time position elsewhere, and unfortunately I can no longer serve the time obligation required to be the Editor-in-Chief of IGM. It’s not a decision I take lightly, as I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time at the helm of this ship. As for my replacement, a new Editor-in-Chief will be named shortly after my leave, and I imagine some new changes to IGM will be ushered in along with that announcement.

As a final sendoff, I just want to say thank you to the IGM community. The developers and fans who are such an important part of IGM have really made this the most gratifying job I’ve had to date, and I very much appreciate the chance to be a part of it. I hope IGM has made great strides towards being a positive influence on the indie community over the past two years, and I equally hope that trend continues long after I’m gone. I’ll still be active in the gaming scene, so you can be sure you haven’t heard the last of my shenanigans. So instead of goodbye, I’ll simply say so long. Or, actually, I will say goodbye. That way I can embed the greatest goodbye song ever, courtesy of Bear in the Big Blue House . I wish my former IGM teammates good luck going forward. Much love everybody!

Powered by Blogger.