Header Ads

Swing Away! Review

This app is now supports iPad native display!

This app is now supports iPad native display! Yay, for universal support. Make sure you try this app!

What’s wrong, little monkey? Are you missing your mama and papa and being forced to eat rotten bananas?  The door’s open, let’s escape! Swing Away!’ s gameplay is unique in a way where it remasters the way you think about swinging ropes. The game is based where you, the monkey, must escape the dreaded zoo and find peace out in the jungle. One day, the door is left unlocked and you sneak out. If you follow and swing on the magical ropes, it will lead you back home.

The gameplay is simple, you jump on the swaying ropes to advance forward. You can collect fruits and sweets to increase score and the time-fruit to increase time. The graphics are cute and clean, simply pleasing to the eyes. The colors are matched perfectly: bright, but not to flashy. The sound is perfect; it truly matches the game’s style.

While I was playing Swing Away! , I got pretty addicted. There are achievements (goals) very similar to Tiny Wings and Jetpack Joyride , where you complete the objectives to unlock the next one. Once you obtain enough stars (you get one per completed objective), you will unlock a new “map” or theme. Each unlocked theme will bring you closer to the jungle. From the zoo, to the city, to the suburbs, and finally the jungle.

It was hard for me to reach some of the goals just because they were challenging. I haven’t reached the 7500 point goal, but the next one: 10000 point goal had already appeared. So I had difficulty reaching each one, and because once you get a goal, you have to compete it to get the next one (you get three at a time), I couldn’t obtain any more stars for a while.

I played the game for quite a long time. While I got bored in bed, I reached for my iPod Touch and started swinging away. I actually played the game to about 1:30AM, and I had to wake up at 5AM the next day. I was tired the next morning, but it was worth the fun! The game is relaxing in the sense it doesn’t get you frustrated and it can be played over and over (like Doodle Jump ).

Overall, it’s a keeper for me. I think I’ll find myself playing the game once in a while, even after I finish it. The developer told me that there would be universal support coming soon for the iPad users, plus more updates for bug fixes. I can’t wait till they release their next game.

Reviewed Device: iPod Touch 3GTested Device: iPad 2

[review pros=”Neat and cute graphic, awesome animations, addictive” score=95]

Powered by Blogger.