Header Ads

Go the **** to Sleep — Second Volume of Gaming Lullabies

People who don’t regularly play games – and more than a few who do – tend to look at me funny when I mention that I adore video game music.

People who don’t regularly play games – and more than a few who do – tend to look at me funny when I mention that I adore video game music. I listen to FTL’ s soundtrack all the time, as well as those of Animal Crossing and Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP , and I generally use them to provide excellent background for sleeping.

Well, luckily I’m not the only one who felt that video game music could be truly soothing, as the second volume of Prescription for Sleep: Game Music Lullabies from Scarlet Moon records, is out now. The latest volume features music from games as far back as Chrono Trigger, and as recent as Shovel Knight , and all of them are arranged to be as relaxing as possible. Gentle piano and smooth saxophone meld to send the listener into dreamland. All of the pieces are performed by GENTLE LOVE, as well as Norihiko Hibino (whom readers might know for his contributions to both the Bayonetta and Metal Gear Solid series), and the pianist AYAKI. The final track of this album is an original composition of Hibino’s, and is an attempt to further his own goals of creating healing music.

GENTLE LOVE (stylized in not-so-gentle all caps.

Those interested in having their favorite games lull them to sleep can pick up the second volume of Prescription for Sleep: Game Music Lullabies from its loudr page. Paying $19.99 USD gets buyers the first volume in addition to the second, while paying $20.00 USD or more will also net a relaxing single. More info can be found on publisher Scarlet Moon Productions’ website.

Powered by Blogger.